Personal hand hygiene and general surface cleanliness are paramount in the prevention and transmission of diseases. New viral and bacterial infections are on the rise, are increasingly deadly with increased morbidity and high mortality rates. The global consequences are dire with the current coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic and shortages of hand sanitizers, cleansers and disinfectants being reported.
Most of these infections may be avoided through personal hand hygiene and surface cleanliness together with other preventative measures. Personal hand hygiene and sanitized surfaces are the cornerstone principles of infection prevention.
Per the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the following properties are considered ideal for a disinfectant:
- Broad-spectrum efficacy - A good disinfectant should have the capability of targeting a wide variety of organisms, i.e. bacterial, viral, and fungi microorganisms. It should also have a high efficacy in its action as an antimicrobial.
- Non-inflammable - This property enables disinfectants to be used over large areas with no health or safety concern including use in areas with flammable products such as kitchen and laboratories
- Fast drying with short contact time – This property is essential to decrease the duration of bio-decontamination. A fast-acting agent quickly destroys microbes hence reducing the duration of potential contact with the microbes.
- Non-toxic - The disinfectant should not harm the user and cause any discomfort. It should be user-friendly.
- Surface Compatibility - The disinfectant should have the capability to be used on most surfaces and instruments without corroding them or damaging their structural integrity.
- Ease of use - An ideal disinfectant should be easy to use, store and discard, with clearly labeled instructions.
- Odorless - Ideal disinfectants should be odorless or with a pleasant smell to facilitate regular use.
- Alcohol Free - Alcohol based Hand Sanitizers are contributing to many types of bacteria becoming alcohol resistant.
- Environmental friendly - An ideal disinfectant should have the capability of being used in the environment without causing any harm to the users and the environment.
In addition to the ideal properties, the product should also be cost-effective and easily accessible. Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) fits into the CDC requirements for an ideal disinfectant as it has broad-spectrum efficacy, is odorless, non-flammable, non-toxic, fast drying, environmentally friendly and is easy to use.
pure&clean™ Disinfectant / Sanitizer (HOCl) is medical and food-grade quality making it ideal for hospitals, clinics, restaurants, schools, gyms, daycares, as well as personal and family use. pure&clean™ product range is affordable, convenient, comes in a variety of packaging options and can be delivered to your door in just a few days.
The pure&clean™ Disinfectant / Sanitizer is batericidal, germicidal, virucidal, tuberculocidal, pseudomonacidal and staphlocidal exhibiting broad-spectrum antimicrobial properties. Pure&clean is alcohol free, non-flammable, easy to use and does not require rinsing after use.
A completely clean food contact surface prevents transmission of foodborne illnesses such as E-Coli and clostridium infections which cause food poisoning. Using pure&clean™ Disinfectant/Sanitizer on all food contact surfaces destroys such pathogens. The non-toxic and non-flammable nature of HOCl compounds gives pure&clean™ Disinfectant/Sanitizer an added advantage. It can be comfortably used on kitchen surfaces without fear of causing a fire, retaining toxic substances on the kitchen surfaces or polluting the air we breathe.
pure&clean™ Disinfectant/Sanitizer is a highly effective surface cleanser that can be used at home in the kitchen, nursery, restrooms, tables, work desks, in schools, restaurants, medical clinics, long-term care and hospitals. It is an HOCl multipurpose cleansing agent that deodorizes and cleans multiple surfaces, thus promoting hygiene and prevention of infection transmission. CDC advocates for proper and regular surface disinfection of regularly touched surfaces and objects such as doorknobs, light switches, kitchen cabinets, and countertops, to prevent the spread of microbes that cause infections. In the case of Coronavirus infections, it is recommended to use regular detergent and water to clean the surface followed by the use of a disinfectant such as pure&clean™ Disinfectant/Sanitizer.
In conclusion, based on the CDC disinfection guidelines and Disinfection and Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities, it is safe to say that pure&cleanTM Disinfectant / Sanitizer is a great choice to help protect your home and business environment. It is recommended to frequently cleanse work and home surfaces such as bathrooms, high traffic areas, countertops, doors, light switches, office equipment, food preparation equipment and all contact surfaces. Visit the website at www.pureandclean.us.